Contact Me:

Follow me at www.twitter.com/crantina
Email TinaFab at: tina_garstad@hotmail.com

Tuesday 16 October 2012

To the Zoo! The Gorilla Run

I love me some Zoo time!
Especially when you run 10 miles THROUGH the ZOO!! The Gorilla Run in Calgary is just awesome!


It's a glorious Autumnal morning. It is cool, but not frosty! We start running right by the penguin enclosure. Those little cuties REEK!  WE get to say g'day to all the monkeys, lions and tigers, Oh My! I like running through the Dinosaur Park and the Canadian Wilderness exhibit. Fun and looks great! 

We whip through a bit more of the park then off into the river pathways. Its a great run, but man they need to tell you to bring your own water belt. Five miles before seeing water sorta sucks.

Still, fun race. Great views. My pace was decent. Was OK with my time. Came in at around 58 minutes. I still have to work on pace and speed. But I will get there. 

With less than a kilometre to go we loop back onto the park and finish. I would have to say the shirts and route are awesome. But the food. Oh wait. There really isn't food. Not even a banana.  

But the best part of the race was 5 minutes after drossing the finish line my mom called to say i was an auntie!!! My sister had a baby! Everett William enters the world on Oct 14th! Welcome.











No comments:

Post a Comment