Contact Me:

Follow me at www.twitter.com/crantina
Email TinaFab at: tina_garstad@hotmail.com

Wednesday 30 January 2013

operation Day

Did you used ever play that game 'Operation'? Yeh. Old School.

I was a human version of that on Monday morning.

Got to the hospital before 9 am and wham...get transported to fashion central


Scrubs are SO zexxy!

Then i am forced to pee in a cup, have blood pressure taken 5 times, be asked the same questons over and over.

And let a student nurse practice on you.

Thank god she wasnt  practicing 'needles' that day.

Finally I walk to the sugury room and wait there for a bit. the anesthesiologist (he looked like a hobbit) came in and introduced himself to me, gave the the lowdown on what would happen.

Easy Peasy. Except he had this habit of looking over his reading glasses. I kept thinking i hope he doesnt do that while looking for a vein....

Sounds simple. Come in, we'll sedate you , the doc will do her thing  we will wake you up and VOILA you are done!

And so then I go in.

Lots of chatter. big sting with the needle. Then i hear..."Wow! There's a nice big vein. Um. hey buddy careful where you stick that!!"

OUCH.

And then i see my surgical team and drift off. 
Can you pic out my Doctor? 

A couple hours later i am poked and prodded and roused outta my sleep.
My wrist hurts. No kidding lookit that BIG arse needle.

Sadly I didn't take a pic when the student nurse pulled out said IV and the blood squirted all over her, me and the marathon running book I was trying to read.

But my eyes were way too googly and I was high, so it went back into my bag of personal effects.



Got another shot of painkillers. lood pressure taken again. Made me go pee. Had another nap. Woke up and ate my fancy egg salad lunch. And about an hour later wobbled out on my own steam. Hiiigh as a kite.




No comments:

Post a Comment