Contact Me:

Follow me at www.twitter.com/crantina
Email TinaFab at: tina_garstad@hotmail.com

Monday 25 February 2013

Signs

The past few weeks (well, let's be honest...years) haven't been the greatest for me. A lot of personal upheaval, loss and confusion. And so I run. And not fast. But moving de-stresses me. Clears my head.

This weekend I so needed a run. So i did a few. A shortie 5k. And then on Sunday a little more mileage than usual (well since I wasn't allowed to run or exercise for the first two weeks of Feb. But I have kept miles up before that. So planned a 15km run Sunday  Alone. As Usual. I hate that sometimes. I am someone who needs a cheer section. Or just to know I am not doing it by myself. Most runners I know are lone wolfs. Not me. Maybe its my mindset...I am trying. It's long runs I struggle with doing alone. I have few peeps who are my pace. All the runners I know are Fasties, or short distance gals, so they do NOT do anything more than an hour ever.

So off I go. The first 5 km suck. Cant clear my head. Cant seem to stick a pace. Lots of peeps on the path tho. But I keep going. Dammit, forgot watch so estimate those 10 and 1s. Somehow iPod voice keeps popping up to tell me distance so I just keep going. One. More. Mile.

I get close to 7 and think, I am done. this is not going well. I have less than a kilometre to go before I can hit a bridge and peel off and go home. And I take a drink of water and get back to it. Better make that last K count right. And I keep going past the Bridge  Stop being a WUSS. You completely have another 7 left in you. Lameo.

And THEN I remember an online twitter convo with Sara Bown. And her comments about persistence and dedication  And I think about my last run with Cori and how we are running this week.

Yes. KEEP GOING.

And so the inner dialogue goes. Countdown on the Ks. You can do this.And I hit my groove. I think I run a couple miles and only slow down for a patches of ice. Pace increases  significantly. Got the groove on. And then I see THIS.


I ran past. Then turned around to check it out again. I friggen laugh my ASS off. I don't know why, but the word WHORE on the pavement CRACKED ME UP. Somehow it distracted me....And made the last 6 k a good effort.

Yup. Might not have been fast, but i did 14km. DONE.  Slower pace than usual. I text my pal Calli (who lives 3 hours away) and she responds...you got outta bed. you got out there. you did it. Then i whine about the time and she texts back quick. SUCK IT UP. She's right! duh!! Can't wait...in a few weeks we will be running together again!! WOOT! I love a girlie road trip to do a run.

I LOVE  my friends. Ass Kicks when you need. Hugs at the ready. COMMON SENSE reminders!

Yup. I got done my run. It was a better day. And tomorrow is another day. And I leave you with this thought. Always remember it!





No comments:

Post a Comment