Contact Me:

Follow me at www.twitter.com/crantina
Email TinaFab at: tina_garstad@hotmail.com

Sunday 15 April 2012

100 Things To Eat Before You Die

First things first! I cannot take credit for this post.

I must thank and give props to Gourmet Runner (GR) who wrote this post on April 10! I read it and had to "borrow" it. I cannot believe I have eaten almost everything on the list. Not sure what that says about me....

I first saw this list HERE on Facebook...and so here is the list - I marked the ones I HAVE eaten in blue. 


1. Abalone
2. Absinthe (tastes worse coming up than going down...)
3. Alligator
4. Baba Ghanoush
5. Bagel & Lox
6. Baklava
7. BBQ Ribs
8. Bellini
9. Bird's Nest Soup (no clue...had to google)
10. Biscuits & Gravy (this is kinda gross, esp that white gravy. eww)
11. Black Pudding (umm. Do NOT eat this for breakie while hungover)
12. Black Truffle
13. Borscht
14. Calamari
15. Carp
16. Caviar
17. Cheese Fondue
18. Chicken & Waffles (WHAT is THIS about? Must be an American thing)
19. Chicken Tikka Masala
20. Chile Rellenos
21. Chitlins (The South can keep keep this treat. No thanks. Don't wanna try)
22. Churros
23. Clam Chowder 
24. Cognac
25. Crab Cakes
26. Crickets (mine were chocolate covered!)
27. Currywurst
28. Dandelion Wine (oooh drank and thrown up...funtimes!)
29. Dulce De Leche
30. Durian (GR is right...the smell of this is nasty. So is the taste.)
31. Eel
32. Eggs Benedict
33. Fish Tacos
34. Foie Gras
35. Fresh Spring Rolls
36. Fried Catfish
37. Fried Green Tomatoes 
38. Fried Plantain 
39. Frito Pie (just a fahhhncy way of sayin corn chip casserole)
40. Frogs' Legs
41. Fugu (yikes Blowfish...um, I love sushi, but this AIN'T happening)
42. Funnel Cake
43. Gazpacho
44. Goat
45. Goat's Milk 
46. Goulash
47. Gumbo
48. Haggis (My gran used to make it..and it can actually be GOOD!)
49. Head Cheese (Forced to eat this as a kid, my Dad is Norwegian. I still hate it to this day.)
50. Heirloom Tomatoes
51. Honeycomb
52. Hostess Fruit Pie (gross) 
53. Huevos Rancheros
54. Jerk Chicken
55. Kangaroo ( I ate it a lot when I worked at the Canadian High Commission in Australia)
56. Key Lime Pie
57. Kobe Beef
58. Lassi
59. Lobster
60. Mimosa 
61. Moon Pie (I would imagine this is as gross as a Hostess Fruit Pie or a Twinkie)
62. Morel Mushrooms
63. Nettle Tea
64. Octopus
65. Oxtail Soup
66. Paella
67. Paneer
68. Pastrami on Rye
69. Pavlova (oh yummmy!)
70. Phaal (apparently the hottest curry ever. I ate it once in England. I cried.)
71. Philly Cheese Steak
72. Pho
73. Pineapple & Cottage Cheese (I LOVE this!!!)
74. Pistachio Ice Cream (Does gelato count, I say yes)
75. Po' Boy
76. Pocky  (You GOTTA eat this! Best snack ever!! Choc-covered pretzel sticks...mmmm) 
77. Polenta
78. Prickly Pear
79. Rabbit Stew (Made by my old boss at a chinese restaurant a million years ago. It was great.) 
80. Raw Oysters
81. Root Beer Float
82. S'mores
83. Sauerkraut
84. Sea Urchin (Ordered ONCE by accident at a sushi bar. This shit is so GROSS)
85. Shark (Best fish and Chips in Sydney, Aus...beach, sun, fun...beer..yum!)
86. Snail
87. Snake (drunk at a fondue house..it was rather chewy)
88. Soft Shell Crab
89. Som Tam  (aka - spicy thai papaya sald. DIVINE)
90. Spaetzle 
91. Spam
92. Squirrel (jesus, i canNOT imagine!)
93. Steak Tartare
94. Sweet Potato Fries
95. Sweetbreads (I threw up after taking a bite and finding out what they were...ha!)
96. Tom Yum
97. Umeboshi
98. Venison
99. Wasabi Peas
100. Zucchini Flowers

How many of those on the list have you eaten? Which ones would you NEVER eat? 
I have eaten 93 out of the possible 100. Only thrown up 5, I think. I would advise you all to never accept steetbreads, haggis, Spam, Sea Urchin, Head Cheese and Durian. Chitlans sound gross. 


What would top your list of things to eat before you die? 
OOOH A meal prepared by Chef Gordon Ramsay? Thai Food in Thailand? Some Coq au Vin in France? mmmm. It appears there is not much I wont eat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment